Log in or Register for enhanced features | Forgotten Password?
White Papers | Suppliers | Events | Report Store | Companies | Dining Club | Videos
Specialist Retailers
Food, Drinks & Grocery Retailers
Return to: RBR Home | Specialist Retailers | Food, Drinks & Grocery Retailers

Lite Bite Foods forms JV with HMSHost to launch airport outlets in India

RBR Staff Writer Published 24 July 2015

India-based Lite Bite Foods (LBF) has formed a foodservice joint venture (JV) with US-based highway and airport food service firm HMSHost.

The JV, Lite Bite Foods HMSHost, will launch and operate food and beverage outlets at airports in India and other Asian countries.

LBF will own 49% stake in the JV, while the remainder 51% will be owned by HMSHost.

The JV will bid for new travel retail offers in airports, railways and highways. However, existing LBF-managed outlets will continue to operate separately.

Lite Bite Foods chairman Amit Burman was quoted by The Economic Times as saying: "The partnership will capitalise on the strong reputation that HMSHost has developed as a leading provider of food and beverage (F&B) services for travellers globally while Lite Bite Foods will use its expertise in operating outlets at Delhi and Mumbai airports and its robust presence across the country."

HMSHost already has F&B contracts for airports in Bengaluru, Hyderabad and Lucknow, while LBF has F&B concessions at Terminal 2 of Mumbai airport and Terminal 1D and T3 at New Delhi airport.

LBF currently has quick-service restaurants under Punjab Grill, Street Food by Punjab Grill and Bistro Cafe Baker Street banners.